Thursday, December 16, 2010

Here is Custom Quilt #2

This is Giselle's quilt.  It is her first quilt and obviously has some meaning because there were wonderful pictures of her family.  She didn't want the pictures quilted, which is fine and I probably would have only outlined them which would have meant alot of starts and stops.  The result was a meander around the photos to stabilize them and then I took a hint from the fabric and in the pieced blocks, did a funky flower in the center of each.
The border is piano keys with the corners showing the same little funky flower, but smaller, with a meander around it.

I used Signature thread for this quilt, all in black.  I did stabilize the yellow sashing with a monofilament thread.

I think it turned out pretty cute!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/57105519@N07/sets/72157625482937543/show/

Sorry, I tried to get the slide show embedded in the post.  It comes up in the preview window correctly but when I try to publish it, all I get is the square with the dreaded red "x" in the corner.  Will try and find out how to get it within the post so you don't get forwarded to flickr.  This will have to do for now :)

No comments: