Sunday, October 16, 2011

Catching Up

So, another quilt is off the frame.  I thought I would take a moment and update with some pictures.

First, a custom quilt, a native blanket.  This is done in the traditional way of stitch in the ditch with dreamcatcher motifs in the four corners of the star.


Andrea made this quilt and did a lovely job of the piecing.  It was a pleasure to quilt, however, I am thinking that traditional quilting of native quilts should have a little bit of overhaul, but that is just my humble opinion.  We don't always want to mess with tradition.

You see, my concern is the open area around the dreamcatcher motif.  It needs to be firmed up with a simple background filler.  However I do like the chevron effect in the center of the star points.

Tell me what you think!

After this post, I was told that these quilts are seldom used.  They are hung on a wall to admire.  Maybe the open spaces are not a concern after all. :)




No comments: